Melbourne & Olympic Parks (M&OP) is committed to delivering COVIDSafe events.
Our priority is the welfare, health and safety of our guests, staff and hirers, athletes, performers and all who interact and engage with us.
M&OP continues to operate under the guidance of the Victorian Government and Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS).
See below for all key information related to the impact of COVID-19 on our venues and events.
OUR COVIDSAFE PRINCIPLES
- Reduce or eliminate the risk of Coronavirus (COVID-19) transmission wherever possible.
- Limit opportunities for transmission through physical distancing, workforce and guest segregation, the wearing of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and reducing physical touchpoints and interactions.
- Supporting contact tracing by collecting the details of all visitors to the precinct.
- Increased cleaning throughout venues and workspaces.
- Promoting good hygiene and proactive health monitoring by guests and staff.
- Educating guests and staff on COVIDSafe measures and monitoring compliance.
ATTENDING OUR VENUES
OUR COVIDSAFE PLAN
M&OP continues to work closely with Government and take advice from relevant authorities on how to manage and mitigate the impact of the COVID-19 as events and guests return to the precinct.
We are making sure all those who work and visit our precinct are informed and supported with information and resources to remain COVIDSafe.
We have implemented a range of measures to enhance our security and safety procedures throughout each venue and across the broader precinct.
M&OP has outlined processes and systems in our COVIDSafe Plan that allows for effective contact tracing if there is a COVID-19 infection identified at an event.
We continue to engage with our expert medical advisor to ensure our plan reduces the risk of transmission and enhances safety as reasonably practicable.
Each hirer of our venues is required to develop a COVIDSafe Plan in line with the Government’s Public Events Framework for every event held at M&OP.
All plans are reviewed and approved by the DHHS prior to the event.
Guests and visitors can expect several changes to the event day experience at our venues.
M&OP remains responsive to the latest advice from Government and DHHS, and the exact conditions of each event are subject to change.
What you need to know
- Physical distancing of 1.5 metres should be observed throughout the event, including when travelling to the venue, waiting in queues and moving about concourses
|Arrive and leave safely
- Guests will only be able to enter the venue on the gate specified on their ticket, and are asked to observe their allocated entry time to prevent congestion on concourses
- At the end of the event, guests should allow rows closest to the exits to leave first and be patient to allow physical distancing
|Stay home if unwell or directed to isolate
- Guests who are feeling unwell should not come to the event
- Guests who are required by DHHS to self-isolate or quarantine for any reason cannot come to an event.
- This includes guests who have recently returned from interstate or overseas, guests who have come into contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, guests who have visited a public exposure site in the last 14 days and guests who are currently awaiting the result of a COVID-19 test
- Refunds are available for guests who cannot attend for these reasons
|Bag and item restrictions
- Backpacks and other large bags are not permitted into the venue
- Guests should limit the number of items they bring into the venue as all items need to be inspected prior to entry
- Bags should be A4 size or smaller
- A fitted face mask must be worn in indoor areas of venues, including the seating bowl in Arena venues
- Guests should put on their masks before joining the queue to enter, and again before they leave the venue
- We recommend guests continue to wear their face masks while seated at AAMI Park
- Each venue is split into venue zones
- Your ticket will include the details of your zone
- Guests must stay within their allocated zone and not move around the venue
- Staff are also allocated zones and do not work across other parts of the venue
- Each event will carry a capacity limit which dictates how many tickets can be sold
- Rooms and spaces within each venue including concourses, bathrooms and lifts will also have identified capacity limits.
- Guests and staff cannot enter areas when they are at capacity
|Cleaning and hygiene
- Increased cleaning throughout events, with a focus on high use touch points
- Deep cleaning will be conducted after each event
- Hand sanitiser stations installed throughout each venue
|Signage and messaging
- Guests will notice additional signage throughout the venue reminding them of COVIDSafe changes
- Physical distancing floor dots are included on concourses and in queues, please observe these as you move about the venue
|QR code check-in
- All guests are required to check-in on entry to the venue using the QR codes placed at entries
- Guests with Android devices should download the Service Victoria app prior to attending their event to assist with the digital check in
- For events at AAMI Park, a reserved row, flexible seat model is being used. Guests are allocated a row and then will need to select a seat leaving two seats between the group next to them
- For Arena events, guests will be allocated a reserved seat with one seat left between groups
- All rows are open, which means guests may have others seated directly in front or behind
- Only mobile tickets will be issued for each event. Paper tickets are no longer available
- Guests are required to share mobile tickets with the rest of their party ahead of the event
- Mobile tickets reduce manual handling and support contact tracing
- Our venues no longer accept cash payments in all food and beverage and retail outlets
- Tap and go, contactless payments are preferred
- Cloaking is not available in our venues
- Guests should read the prohibited items list in our conditions of entry prior to coming to the event
|Food and beverage
- Only one person from each group can purchase food and beverage
- Food and beverage can only be consumed in your seat
- Guests can not try on merchandise items prior to purchase
- Guests must remain in their seat for the entire of the event unless they are buying food and drink, using the bathroom, leaving the venue or in an emergency
- We know cheering and chanting is part of the game, but we ask guests remain seated and are mindful of those around them
- General admission and active supporter areas will not be offered for upcoming events
For further queries, please contact our guest services team at email@example.com